Friday 23 December 2011

Christmas Is A Time Of Giving

By Sanford Hall


Christmas is here once again upon us and many will not get to experience it once again and to some it would be a first. This suppose to be a festive time, where everyone celebrate the birth of Jesus. With the poor economic conditions many children will not get to experience Christmas this year.

Nobody or no child should have to go without experiencing the joy of Christmas. As I stood in my kitchen yesterday cooking dinner I began to think as I always do. I thought to myself, what could I do to make a difference for some of the unfortunate kids at Christmas. But I remember, as my wife would always tell me "Sanford you alone can never change the world, so stop trying"! Then low and behold something came to mind. I thought why don't I give my two children, Aaron and Alexa $10.00 each and take them to the store and buy a random gift for a child and take it to some sort of charity within the city we reside.

By doing this helps my children in many ways as well as the children they are giving a gift. I thought it was a wonderful gesture and call upon all readers of this blog to do the same. $10.00 isn't much to brighten the day of some underprivileged children who otherwise would not get to open a gift for Christmas.

As a dad it brings great joy and warmth to my heart to see my children open their gifts on Christmas with excitement flowing throughout their body. This is the excitement I would like for our children to experience. Let's start by doing the same with your children or yourself by giving a gift to a children's charity today!

No comments:

Post a Comment